Click to tweet: .@Allegiant shares tips to keep your holiday travel merry and bright #GetAway #YourWay
LAS VEGAS. Dec. 12, 2016 — Allegiant(NASDAQ: ALGT) today shares some tips to ease the stress of holiday travel, because the hardest thing you should have to do this season is spend time with your relatives.
- Arrive early – Get to the airport two hours before your scheduled departure and be at the gate no less than 45 minutes before take-off. If you have free time after security, you can always grab a festive drink or some holiday treats.
- When it comes to airports, think smaller - Don't be fooled into thinking the big airport has the best deal. Allegiant flies nonstop from a number of smaller airports throughout the U.S. You’ll love the convenience of shorter lines!
- Get away for the holidays – Sick of gathering at Grandma’s house? Shake it up and take the whole family somewhere new for the holidays. Choose a classic destination like New York City or San Francisco, or escape the cold in Puerto Rico or Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Pack smart – Save money by bringing as few bags as possible. Traveling with the entire family? Pack one or two checked bags instead of multiple carry-ons. Traveling somewhere cold? Wear your jacket on the plane to save bag space.
- Leave your gifts unwrapped – Brown paper packages all tied up with string won’t be your favorite after you get held up at the security checkpoint. The Transportation Security Administration allows, but does not encourage, traveling with gifts that are wrapped. Save yourself the trouble and wrap them when you get there.
- Bundle up – Bundling up isn’t just for staying warm – if you’re headed on vacation for the holidays, book your flights, hotel stay and rental car together at www.Allegiant.com. It’ll save you time and money!
- Know before you go – To save time getting through airport security, make sure you’re aware of what items you can and cannot bring in your luggage. We recommend checking the TSA’s website here for more information. If you’re not sure if an item is allowed, you can ask TSA on Twitter at @AskTSA.
- Be flexible – Save money on your airfare by being flexible with your travel dates. Allegiant’s fare calendar can help you decide when to go at the lowest cost.
- Choose Trip Flex – The holidays can be hectic – Trip Flex gives you the ability to modify your reservation up to one hour prior to your departure. It’s the gift you can give yourself.
- Bring entertainment for the little ones – Keep your little elves entertained by bringing plenty of books, snacks or handheld electronics for the flight – and be sure to bring enough headphones for everyone. To keep fares low, Allegiant does not offer Wi-Fi on board its planes, so we recommend downloading shows or movies to watch in flight.
Follow Allegiant on Twitter at @Allegiant for more tips on keeping your holiday travel experience stress-free.
Allegiant offers a unique option to travelers with low base fares averaging less than half the cost of domestic round-trip tickets purchased in 2015. With unique savings on rental cars, hotels and activity and attraction tickets, travelers can book their entire vacation with Allegiant for less.
Las Vegas-based Allegiant (NASDAQ: ALGT) is focused on linking travelers in small cities to world-class leisure destinations. The airline offers industry-low fares on an all-jet fleet while also offering other travel-related products such as hotel rooms, rental cars and attraction tickets. All can be purchased only through the company website, Allegiant.com. Beginning with one aircraft and one route in 1999, the company has grown to over 80 aircraft and more than 300 routes across the country with base airfares less than half the cost of the average domestic roundtrip ticket. For downloadable press kit, including photos, visit: http://gofly.us/iiFa303wrtF.
Allegiant Media Contact